If you are still using Windows 7 then you probably know this error. According to many Windows 7 users, they faced an error message saying “You don’t have permission to shut down this computer”. The source of this error is currently unknown. But we have found a temporary and informal solution to overcome this error.
You can also watch our video in Hindi here…
The temporary solution to this is press CTRL+ALT+DEL and on the right bottom corner, you will see Restart, Shutdown and sleep option. You can easily able to restart or shutdown. Now comes to a permanent solution –
Solution 1 –
1. Press “Windows+R” together and it will open run window.
2. Type “gpedit.msc” and click ‘OK’
3. Navigate below settings.
Computer Configuration –> Windows Settings –> Security Settings –> Local Policies –> Security Options
4. In right-side pane, find out the below option.
User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode (select ‘Enable’ & click ‘OK’ to apply changes)
*In order to implement change, a system restart is mandatory.
*To restart the system Press “windows+r” together and type “shutdown -r”.
Solution – 2
Create a New User Account with Admin Access –
How to Create a Second User Account in Windows 7?
Follow the steps –
- Select the Windows Start menu button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts
- Select Manage another account.
- Select Create a new account.
- In the New Account Name text box, type a name for the new account.
- Click Create Account
- The new user now appears in the Choose the account you would like to change box.
Restart after all this process. And login with the new account.
But I will suggest you upgrade to Windows 10 for FREE.
And here is the video on how you can Upgrade to Windows 10 For FREE without Losing any Data.